We are seeking a high-performing experienced B2B Creative Director & Lead Strategist who will be integral to our success. If being immersed in highly creative and dynamic work sounds like your cup of tea (or whatever you want to put in your mug — we’re not judging), review the requirements below.
- Day-to-day: To lead the strategy and direction of all major content and copywriting efforts.
- Life-long: To move the world with creativity.
- Capabilities & QualitiesA checklist for success in this role.
- You are a creative mind, a lateral thinker, and an eloquent writer. You think big and small―equally capable of big picture vision and attention to detail.
- You read a lot, including books about business, strategy, marketing, branding, and advertising. You are insightful and inquisitive. You ask interesting questions. You constantly learn new things to hone your mental sharpness and inventiveness.
- You love working with words―writing them, stretching them, crafting them, and killing your darlings until what remains is essential. You are so good at what you do that you will rewrite this posting as a proof.
- You have at least 7 years of experience in the creative world of branding, marketing, and advertising. You have written a copious amount over the years. You can figure out what to write and how to write it best for any situation, audience, and format.
- You consider complex wording and unclear phrasing laziness. You prefer clear and concise writing that is potent and provocative, witty and wise. Personal taste aside, you know when to switch voice and tone to what will resonate with the intended audience, for the desired outcome.
- Curious about human nature, you study psychology and behaviour, which gives you the ability to empathize with any audience.
- You think independently. You find sketching out ideas helps steer your brain and keeps your creative thoughts structured. You debate ideas assertively and collaborate open-mindedly. Once a decision is made, you move forward promptly.
- You are driven to create great work. You are a composed communicator, able to present ideas to different clients and audiences. You are tech-savvy and adaptable to new technologies and/or systems quickly.
- You are cultured, but not snobby. You are confident, but not egotistical. You are humorous, but not crass.
- You are a person of your words, in every sense.
- OpportunitiesIf you are the right fit for this role, opportunities are endless for you at Pixel Dreams:
- You will have meaningful work and meaningful relationships.
- You will play a vital role in shaping the design work produced by our company.
- You will produce creative work for our company and clientele, including local and global brands across industries.
- You will work with a diverse range of creative formats.
- You will collaborate with a fast-moving team, in a stimulating and ever-evolving environment.
- You will benefit from kaizen operations and clear communication.
- You will pursue growth and leadership opportunities.
- You will make decisions, and see them through successes, failures, and lessons learned.
- You will step into your discomfort zone.Again and again.
- You will study new things, and teach what you learn.
- You will help your team and your company grow. You will help your clients grow. You will help your community grow. You will help make the world a better place.
- You will contribute to our company’s MTP, which is to raise intelligence and consciousness.
- When you have proven your leadership capabilities, you will build and lead your creative team.
- Lead all aspects of content and copywriting (strategize, ideate, conceptualize, write, edit)
- Lead creative direction with strategy,insight, ideation, and development of creative briefs
- Collaborate with art director on concept development and execution
- Contribute to vision, direction, execution, presentation, and delivery on a range of projects
- Understand client objectives, project constraints, and market context to develop recommendations
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions
- Develop messaging strategy
- Write copy for any medium, in any format, and any style
- Embody and drive creative excellence
- Raise thought leadership for company and clientele
- Contribute to marketing and sales pitches
- Collaborate to guide and evolve the creative process
- Actively participate in nurturing company culture
- Future: build, manage, lead, mentor and grow creative team (strategists, writers, and designers)
- Bonus Attributes
- You speak multiple languages
- You play a musical instrument
- You are fond of hip hop music
- You appreciate great food
- You have a good time partying
- You’ve read the following:
- Extreme Ownership
- 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership
- The Five Dysfunctions of Team
- Ego is the Enemy
- Obstacle is the Way
- Have taken at least one of these assessments:
- Predictive Index
- Kolbe A
Pixel Dreams is a creative agency based in Toronto, Canada. Our company is small in size, and big in everything else that matters: purpose, audacity, creativity, capability, opportunity, tenacity, transparency, community, and play.
There are three themes binding our team together:
- Grit: We share a painstaking dedication to growth―personally, professionally, and collectively.
- Gratitude: We appreciate life and each other. We reflect on gratitude daily and weekly.
- Glee: We laugh daily. We take work and study seriously, but not ourselves.
At Pixel Dreams, there are no dull days―only full ones.
- Take part in daily morning check-ins and afternoon stand-ups
- Write, review, and edit messaging, copy, and content
- Work closely with the art director and copywriters, as well as clients
- Lead creative strategy and direction
- Direct reporting to the executive team
- Read, study, learn, teach
- Joke a lot and laugh a lot
- Reflect on your day, journal, track performance
- Attention to health
- Dedication to learning
- Alignment with values
- Unified mission
Company mission: Raise human intelligence and consciousness
“The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.”– Albert Einstein
Human civilization has the potential to solve the greatest challenges we’ve ever faced. Whether it is environment, civil rights, health, or economy – our most complex challenges can be solved when we raise our intelligence and consciousness.
We’re team players around here. That’s why we’ve written half your application already! Respond to this posting with a brief cover letter containing the following:
- “Hello, I am (insert your name) in (insert your location) and I have (insert number) years of strategy and creative direction experience.”
- Include your favourite quote on leadership and management, and tell us what it means to you.
- End your letter with a laugh — literally. Tell us your 3 favourite comedians and why they make you smile.
- Commensurate with experience