We are seeking a high-performing Business Strategist who will be integral to our success. If you have an inner nerd lurking within your sleek creative exterior and you enjoy solving multidimensional problems, then this may be your calling.
- Day-to-day: To develop strategies to help clients and teams
solve problems and achieve goals.
- Life-long: To keep building that tomorrow.
- Capabilities & QualitiesA checklist for success in this role.
- You are curious, thoughtful and disciplined. You are a creative partner and advisor to our strategy team across all projects and initiatives.
- You have a stellar work ethic that’s surpassed only by your relationship-building skills. You’re a people person and you believe that all great things are achieved by collaboration.
- You are a talented thinker and you leverage that thinking to evolve our clients’ brands. You can glean relevant data from disparate information and transform it into concrete solutions.
- You have communication skills. Presentation skills. And you’re not hesitant to put them to use.
- You have at least 7 years’ experience in a strategic role and have worked with multiple brands.
- You are part soothsayer and are able to identify long-term goals and bring them to realization. You can think beyond a project and its current state to see far into the future.
- You’re able to manage many moving pieces without compromising on quality.
- OpportunitiesIf you are the right fit for this role, opportunities are endless for you at Pixel Dreams:
- You will have meaningful work and meaningful relationships.
- You will play a vital role in shaping the overall business strategy of our company.
- You will understand client requirements and gather data to create business plans.
- You will collaborate with a fast-moving team, in a stimulating and ever-evolving environment.
- You will benefit from kaizen operations and clear communication.
- You will pursue growth and leadership opportunities.
- You will make decisions, and see them through successes, failures, and lessons learned.
- You will step into your discomfort zone. Again and again.
- You will study new things, and teach what you learn.
- You will help your team and your company grow. You will help your clients grow. You will help your community grow.
- You will help make the world a better place.
- You will contribute to our company’s MTP, which is to raise intelligence and consciousness.
- Create innovative strategies that solve broader business objectives, for clients and teams
- Collaborate closely with our creative and internal teams to build out ideas and shape execution
- Build relationships and consult with clients on their brand’s positioning, business strategy, and future initiatives
- Hone insight into competitive landscapes that will influence positioning and planning
- Identify issues and propose cohesive plans for growth
- Support the management team in analyzing and identifying new opportunities and product enhancements
- Actively participate in nurturing company culture
- Bonus Attributes
- You speak multiple languages
- You play a musical instrument
- You are fond of hip hop music
- You appreciate great food
- You have a good time partying
- You’ve read the following:
- Extreme Ownership
- 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership
- The Five Dysfunctions of Team
- Ego is the Enemy
- Obstacle is the Way
- Have taken at least one of these assessments:
- Predictive Index
- Kolbe A
About Pixel Dreams
Pixel Dreams is a creative agency based in Toronto, Canada. Our company is small in size and ego, and big in everything that matters: purpose, audacity, creativity, capability, opportunity, tenacity, transparency, community, and play. At Pixel Dreams, there are no dull days―only full ones.
Three themes bind our team together:
- Grit: We share a painstaking dedication to growth―personally, professionally, and collectively.
- Gratitude: We appreciate life and each other. We reflect on gratitude daily and weekly.
- Glee: We laugh daily. We take work and study seriously, but not ourselves.
- Take part in daily morning check-ins and afternoon stand-ups
- Work closely with creative directors, the internal teams, as well as clients
- Lead overall business strategy and strategic direction of projects
- Direct reporting to the executive team
- Read, study, learn, teach
- Joke a lot and laugh a lot
- Reflect on your day, journal, track performance
- Attention to health
- Dedication to learning
- Alignment with values
- Unified purpose: to raise intelligence and consciousness.
“The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.”
– Albert Einstein
Human civilization has the potential to solve the greatest challenges we’ve ever faced. Whether it is environment, civil rights, health, or economy – our most complex challenges can be solved when we raise our intelligence and consciousness.
We’re team players around here. That’s why we’ve written half your application already! Respond to this posting with a brief cover letter containing the following:
- “Hello, I am (insert your name) in (insert your location) and I have (insert number) of strategic experience.”
- Include your favourite quote on leadership and management, and tell us what it means to you.
- End your letter with a laugh — literally. Tell us your 3 favourite comedians and why they blow your mind.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience