Are you the best developer?
We are seeking a senior-level front-end developer to join our team. You will be immersed in highly creative and dynamic work, and your good work will be integral to our success. If you are fluent in Foundation and Bootstrap, and ready to start immediately, please thoroughly review the requirements below:
- Capabilities & Qualities
- Proficiency in English
- Expert in front-end development
- Capable in back-end development
- Foundation experience (At least 5 years)
- 10+ years developing Web applications, websites and platforms
- Expert in Adobe applications
- Clean and working code
- Open communication
- Quick learner
- Design thinker
- UI/UX skills
- Attention to detail
- Process driven
- Prolific reader
- You have a good time partying
- Short-term: We have a website to build
- Long-term: We have a dev company to build and are looking for leaders
- Do not apply if
- You have less than ten years of experience in coding
- You have if you are not well experienced using Foundation by Zurb and Bootstrap frameworks
- You cannot navigate expertly in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe XD
- You are not familiar with scrum framework, and leveraging project management applications (we use Asana)
Pixel Dreams is a creative agency based in Toronto, Canada. Our company is small in size, and big in everything else that matters: purpose, audacity, creativity, capability, opportunity, tenacity, transparency, community, and play.
There are three themes binding our team together:
- Grit: We share a painstaking dedication to growth―personally, professionally, and collectively.
- Gratitude: We appreciate life and each other. We reflect on gratitude daily and weekly.
- Glee: We laugh daily. We take work and study seriously, but not ourselves.
At Pixel Dreams, there are no dull days―only full ones.
- Take part in daily morning check-ins and afternoon stand-ups
- Work closely with the art director and strategists, as well as clients
- Direct reporting to the Design Department leadership
- Read, study, learn, teach
- Joke a lot and laugh a lot
- Reflect on your day, journal, track performance
- Attention to health
- Dedication to learning
- Alignment with values
- Unified mission
Company mission: Raise human intelligence and consciousness
“The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.”
– Albert Einstein
Human civilization has the potential to solve the greatest challenges we’ve ever faced. Whether it is environment, civil rights, health, or economy – our most complex challenges can be solved when we raise our intelligence and consciousness.
We’re team players around here. That’s why we’ve written half your application already! Respond to this posting with a brief cover letter containing the following:
- Hello, I am (insert your name) in (insert your location) and I have (insert number) years of dev experience.
- Include 5 links to five examples of your best development work.
- End your letter with a laugh — literally. Tell us your 3 favourite comedians and why they make you smile.
- Commensurate with experience
- $20-$50/hr CAD