Dream about your future and how you can shape it? Desire exponential growth in both professional and personal arenas? Seek variety over monotony, in work and in life? Value mentorship? Strive for mastery? Care about making a difference? Aspire to help the good guys? Sacrifice today’s gratifications to achieve long term goals and dreams? Have fierce determination to put in the hours to hone your capabilities?
Pixel Dreams offers an unconventional internship, with the intention to guide young people to take full ownership of today and tomorrow. Pixel Dreams internships will feel a lot like a boot camp — for the body, mind, heart, and spirit.
As a PD intern, you will face ample opportunities to take on real responsibilities, get involved in team meetings and decision-making, take part in client presentations and meetings, plus more. Come for constructive feedback and sometimes brutal-yet-mind-opening honesty. Stay to experience the advantages of true teamwork, and find out the types of sacrifice it takes to be a part of a winning team. This is an uncommon environment, where tough love and radical transparency may help heal the ego-inflicted wounds you will undoubtedly get, and experience a new sense of belonging and camaraderie.
- Creative / design
- Creative / copy
- Creative / motion
- Creative / development
- Creative / social
- Creative / marketing
- Management / account & project
- Management / operations
- Management / executive assistance
The internship duration is a minimum of 3 months.
Any less than that does not produce enough momentum.
The internship compensation is based on your skill set at the starting line.
Completion of an internship does not guarantee you will be hired on after. Your leaders will monitor your growth trajectory throughout the internship, and make the drafting call based on evidence of performance and progress.
If this image confuses you, you’re missing the point. But, read on if you’re still curious.
Opportunities, duties, and expectations:
- Be a part of a tight-knit lets-get-shit-done-then-we-party family
- Study and promote PD vision, purpose, and story
- Be a PD brand ambassador
- Learn our creative process
- Train in internal processes (operations, project and account management)
- Take part in internal projects (some are fun, some are controversial, others are both)
- Study and work closely with your team
- Participate in internal and client meetings
- Pitch your crazy ideas (PD may fund your great idea)
- Take advantage of opportunities to present to clients
- Run errands, answer phones, help clean up (if this is beneath you, we’re not the company you’re looking for)
- Be a part of our thriving culture
- Take part in funded Friducation field trips and select extracurricular activities
- Team lunches are important to us, and we usually have a laugh cooking and eating (to resume after lockdown)
- Receive personal and professional mentorship
Words of wisdom
Before you eagerly apply for an internship, you should ask yourself a few important questions. What are your goals and objectives? What do you want out of the internship? How prepared are you to grow and learn?
Some internships are about fetching coffee and shredding paper. Some demand hard work for both personal and professional growth, and having fun while you’re at it. Make sure you do your due diligence and find the opportunity that’s right for you.
Do your research, dig deep, and get to know us before you apply. Warning: we’re not for everyone.