You have a crazy idea. You’re passionate about it. You’d like to take a shot at making your vision come to life. Ideas without capital are like seeds without soil. Ideas without processes, guidance, and mentorship are like seeds without water, sunlight, and a little love. This article aims to guide you in securing the capital, guidance, and mentorship needed to take your idea from seedling to maturity, and eventually bare fruit.
⌛ The Past
At PD, we have a long history of launching new ideas. Some ideas have panned out as long-term fruit-baring initiatives; some were one-in-a-lifetime experiences, while others were black holes of time and money. Suffice to say: we’ve learned a lot.
⌚ The Present
We have capital (money and resources) to invest. We are interested and open to investing in Zone 3 projects led by capable leaders exemplifying extreme ownership.
📡 The Future
As we continue to build our company, develop ourselves, and mature, we aim to improve processes, set new standards, and achieve new heights. This includes our approach to investing in new projects. So, how do you get support on your next big initiative?
Schedule a meeting with our leadership team, and pitch.
- Pitch deck no longer than 20 slides.
- Presentation no longer than 20 mins.
- Pre-mortem report
- You have read the following books:
- How The Mighty Fall, Jim Collins
- Crossing The Chasm, Geoffrey Moore
- Zone to Win, Geoffrey Moore
- The Lean Startup, Eric Ries
- Extreme Ownership, Jocko Wilnick & Leif Babin
Questions To Guide You
- What’s in it for PD? How does this benefit our team? How does this benefit our clients? How does this benefit community?
- How much money do you need and why? How much up front? How much monthly? How much quarterly? What is the expected ROI?
- What are your goals? How will this initiative create value? What are your targets? How do you define success? What are the target milestones and target dates?
- Who’ll be on your team? What other resources do you need? Who’s responsible for what? Who’s in charge of what? Who is the accountable captain in charge?
- What currently exists in the market? What’s your competition like? Why this idea vs another? What are the opportunity costs?
- How will you manage the project while balancing your current reality? How will your existing responsibilities be covered?
- What obstacles do you see? What can go wrong? What is the risk? What are your strengths and weaknesses?