We are seeking a highly-experienced Art Director to join our team of multidisciplinary designers and be integral to our success. If being immersed in creative and dynamic work sounds like your cup of tea (or whatever you want to put in your mug — we’re not judging), review the requirements below.
Be prepared to take on real responsibilities, attend internal and client facing meetings, and gain valuable mentorship towards your path on becoming a leading design executive and global citizen.
- Capabilities & QualitiesA checklist for success in this role.
Should be well versed with the following:
- Adobe XD
- Familiar with WordPress
- Basic HTML
- Experience leading and managing teams
- OpportunitiesIf you are the right fit for this role, opportunities are endless for you at Pixel Dreams:
- You will have meaningful work and meaningful relationships.
- You will play a vital role in shaping the design work produced by our company.
- You will produce creative work for our company and clientele, including local and global brands across industries.
- You will work with a diverse range of creative formats.
- You will collaborate with a fast-moving team, in a stimulating and ever-evolving environment.
- You will benefit from kaizen operations and clear communication.
- You will pursue growth and leadership opportunities.
- You will make decisions, and see them through successes, failures, and lessons learned.
- You will step into your discomfort zone. Again and again.
- You will study new things, and teach what you learn.
- You will help your team and your company grow. You will help your clients grow. You will help your community grow. You will help make the world a better place.
- You will contribute to our company’s MTP, which is to raise intelligence and consciousness.
- When you have proven your leadership capabilities, you will build and lead your creative team.
- Collaborate with design team and lead art direction on concept development and execution
- Contribute to vision, direction, execution, presentation, and delivery on a range of projects
- Understand client objectives, project constraints, and market context to develop recommendations
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions
- Multidisciplinary design in digital and print for any medium
- Embody and drive creative excellence
- Raise thought leadership for company and clientele
- Contribute to marketing and sales pitches
- Collaborate to guide and evolve the creative process
- Actively participate in nurturing company culture
Pixel Dreams is a creative agency based in Toronto, Canada. Our company is small in size, and big in everything else that matters: purpose, audacity, creativity, capability, opportunity, tenacity, transparency, community, and play.
There are three themes binding our team together:
- Grit: We share a painstaking dedication to growth―personally, professionally, and collectively.
- Gratitude: We appreciate life and each other. We reflect on gratitude daily and weekly.
- Glee: We laugh daily. We take work and study seriously, but not ourselves.
At Pixel Dreams, there are no dull days―only full ones.
- Take part in daily morning check-ins and afternoon stand-ups
- Work closely with the creative director and strategists, as well as clients
- Direct reporting to the leadership team
- Read, study, learn, teach
- Joke a lot and laugh a lot
- Reflect on your day, journal, track performance
- Attention to health
- Dedication to learning
- Alignment with values
- Unified mission
Company mission: Raise human intelligence and
“The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level
of thinking we were at when we created them.”– Albert Einstein
Human civilization has the potential to solve the greatest
challenges we’ve ever faced. Whether it is environment, civil rights, health, or economy – our most complex challenges can be solved when we raise our intelligence and consciousness.
We’re team players around here. That’s why we’ve written half your application already! Respond to this posting with a brief cover letter containing the following:
- “Hello, I am (insert your name) in (insert your location) and I have (insert number) years of design experience.”
- Include your favourite quote on leadership and management, and tell us what it means to you.
- End your letter with a laugh — literally. Tell us your 3 favourite comedians and why they blow your mind.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
pay’ mu’mey wIje’laHbe’chugh, vaj qeylIS qa’pu’vaD matlhong wIneH.” — vaj, pagh vIra’meH yapbe’wI’ vImojchugh, vaj pagh vIratlhlaHbe’chugh, vaj pagh vItlhejchugh, vaj pe’vIl qanob.